Lanternfish Programmable LED Light
Lanternfish is a programmable LED light designed for standalone underwater operation down to 1,000 meters. It includes an integral rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack and control electronics which provide constant current, variable-brightness drive to the main LED, as well as a programmable intervalometer, which allows the user to create pre-set lighting schedules. Using the included Windows-based PC software, Lanternfish’s on-board real-time clock is synced with the user’s PC clock. Parameters including start time, stop time, on-period, off-period, and brightness level are set by the user. This scheduling functionality allows Lanternfish to be synchronized, without the need for external cables or connections, to timed video cameras, still cameras, or other oceanographic field sensors. A built-in magnetic reed-switch also allows the user to operate the Lanternfish manually while on-deck or underwater.
- Depth Rating: 1,000 m (3,300 ft)
- Output Lumens: 235 lm @ 5650K cool-white (other colors and temperatures available)
- Beam Angle: 120⁰ (also available 9⁰, 21⁰, 39⁰)
- Battery: 5,200 mAh Lithium-Ion with over-charge/discharge protection and integral charging circuitry
- Charger: Will recharge from a standard USB port or external 5 VDC @ 500 mA.
- Dimming: Linearly variable brightness level from 0-100%
- Endurance: Dependent on brightness level and duty-cycle. Typical runtimes continuous: 7 hrs @100%, 14 hrs @50%, 28 hrs @25%, 4 days @5%
- Size: 51 mm dia. x 105 mm L (2 in. dia. x 4.125 in. L)
- Weight: 600 g (air), 318 g (sw) and 700 g (air), 420 g (sw)
- Scheduler Parameters: start time/date, stop time/date, on-time, off-time, brightness level